Friday, October 10, 2008

The Mailbox

by Audrey Shafer

Gabe is a boy that is an orphan. He finds out that he has a long lost relative (his uncle Vernon) he starts to go to school and meets a knew friend Weber. He starts to get to know everybody. He is so used to coming home to his Uncle sitting by the fan. One day he comes home and finds his uncle dead on the floor, his fan broken. The first thing he thinks is that someone murdered his uncle. He is scared that if he tells the police they will send him to an orphanage. The next day he gets a letter saying; Ihave a secret. Do not be afraid. He runs into the office and his uncles body is gone! He searches everywhere! His uncles body is nowhere! Someone took him! Find out what happens in The Mailbox.
This book earned: 5 Book Worms!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

that sounds too scary for me! maybe when it stops snowing and raining i will read this! thanks blonde book worm girl!

Lynette said...

Hi,the best reader in world! How you doing? This is your curly headed cousin. I think "The mail box" sounds like a mistory. I think the part where the boy's uncle dies is sad. I think the mistery is the advenure of the book. Well, I got to go, by!

Erica-Lou said...

Oooh this is such a cool blog!! These books all sound so good! I want to read them all...too bad the only thing I'm reading these days are text books for my classes.:) Keep up this awesome blog girlie and I'll read some of the books you gave five books worms to during the holiday breaks!